Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Wow! 2007 is here....and although I have a beautiful new Digital Canon Rebel with some awesome pics from Christmas and the holidays....I can't share them with you because my computer is so old that I can't download them. I will be taking Heidi up on her offer and downloading them to a disk on her computer soon.
We have had a wonderful start to our holidays...you see we have one week left and although I would love to be somewhere hot with Brian, spending time at home with him and the kids is also enjoyable. We stayed home for Christmas and enjoyed our new upstairs renos. They even got better with the addition of a new TV and electric fireplace. The kids were adorable and had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa here for Christmas. After Church on Christmas eve, we drove around and looked at the lights before going home and getting ready for Santa. They were asleep in record time (my girls are not good sleepers!!) and even stayed in bed until 7:30ish the next morning. They were all spoiled again and enjoyed opening each gift. Amy kept asking, "peas I open anodder present mama??" Even after we passed her one, she would ask. It was adorable . She was adorned with Dora this year...it is so ironic that she loves Dora, as that was supposed to be her name.
After all the gifts were opened, we all sat down to a yummy breakfast..and then the phone calls began and the turkey was stuffed. By the end of the day, we were all tired and full. We had skated on our outdoor rink, sledded down our minute front yard slope and eaten lots of turkey and treats. Boxing Day was similar although with more snow play as the snow kept falling all day. The next day, my parents left and Brian's parents arrived....with more gifts and more treats!! They were here until yesterday morning. During that time, we also visited with some friends, did some shopping, drank some wine and ate way too much!!
New year's Eve was quiet, but spent with terrific friends. The McKelvey clan came over in the afternoon to share yet more food with us and some good cheer with the Hutch's and the Bordeleau's. After they left it was just me and my "sister" and our families!! The kiddies bedded down around 8:30 and we drank and ate some more. We played Mad Gab, our favourite Catch Phrase and watched some really bad 80's videos!! Heidi and I decided we are going to have a girls slumber party sometime soon and watch Dirty Dancing and Grease!!
Today brought a sleep in, taking the tree down and watching some dvd's with the kids. I even returned to the gym...I thought I had gained a ton, but was pleasantly surprised that it was only one pound!! Nobig resolutions for me this year....I have spent a lot of time over these holidays reflecting on how blessed I am ....great family, friends and good health!! Happy New Year to you all. If I ever get a new computer (really it is coming ) I will post some great pictures!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Canon club! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Happy New Year :)

Heidi said...

Couldn't imagine spending New Year's without you guys. I love our "families" time together! Here's to another great year of good health and fun times. We are blessed aren't we??

Vicki said...

Haappy New Year Anita (and your entre family). I am so sorry I missed you over holidays. I was SO tempted to come over and see you and Heidi but I was under the weather. Next time for sure. Unless you come here first. I have nothing going on for the next...long time! All the best this next year including health, happiness and good friendships. Oh, how I wish I could watch Dirty DAncing with you guys!